Dr. Cheng Faat Ting Gary is the founder and managing director of the group. He leads a diversified businesses in Professional Services, Financial, Trading and Real Estate areas, dedicates to making integrated and sustainable business locally and worldwide.
Gary participated in top tier accounting firm in mid-1990s when he first started his career in Assurance. In 1998, Gary established his own CPA firm and in 2003, Gary Cheng CPA Limited was found, and expanded the scope further into Taxation, Due Diligence, Merging & Acquisition, Corporate Re-structuring. Back in 2011, Gary pinned down his specialities in Liquidation with the award of Specialist Designation (Insolvency) gained from HKICPA, as a pioneer expert. In 2019, Gary leaded the firm become a Registered Public Interest Entity Auditor (PIE) and in 2021 Gary was accredited as a registered practicing Tax Professional to practice in China (Guangdong) Pilot Free Trade Zone, Qianhai & Shekou Area of Shenzhen.
Apart from the achievements in his professions, Gary actively serves the community by working for numerous organizations. Gary is currently the court member of The City University of Hong Kong, member of the Social Welfare Advisory Committee of Labour and Welfare Bureau of HKSAR Government.
Current Professional / Public Appointments
- Member, Social Welfare Advisory Committee of Labour and Welfare Bureau, The HKSAR
- Court Member, City University of Hong Kong
- Chairman (2017-2019) and founding member, the Eminence Society, City University of Hong Kong
- Charter President cum Honorary Advisor, Lions Club of Huaxia Hong Kong
- INED, Chairman of Audit Committee, Chairman of Remuneration Committee and Chairman of Nomination, Smartac International Holdings Limited (stock code: 0395)
- INED and Chairman of Audit Committee , Huakang Biomedical Holdings Company Limited (stock code: 8622)
- Council Committee of Buddhish Sin Tak College
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Practising)
- Chartered Tax Adviser, The Taxation Institution of Hong Kong
- Specialist Designation (Insolvency), Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow, The Society of Chinese Accountants & Auditors
- Fellow, The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong
- Member of Illinois CPA Society
- Registered Practicing Certificate for HongKong and Macao Tax Professionals to practice in China(Guangdong) Pilot Free Trade Zone, Qianhai & Shekou Area of Shenzhen
- DBA, City University of Hong Kong
- MBA, Southern Illinois University, USA
- Professional Diploma in Hong Kong Tax, HKICPA